Bosomed Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BosomedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Having, or resembling, bosom; kept in the bosom; hidden.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Bosom
• BosomDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To inclose or carry in the bosom; to keep with care; to take to heart; to cherish.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the bosom.
- (a.) Intimate; confidential; familiar; trusted; cherished; beloved; as, a bosom friend.
- (n.) The breast, considered as the seat of the passions, affections, and operations of the mind; consciousness; secret thoughts.
- (n.) Any thing or place resembling the breast; a supporting surface; an inner recess; the interior; as, the bosom of the earth.
- (n.) Inclination; desire.
- (v. t.) To conceal; to hide from view; to embosom.
- (n.) The breast of a human being; the part, between the arms, to which anything is pressed when embraced by them.
- (n.) The part of the dress worn upon the breast; an article, or a portion of an article, of dress to be worn upon the breast; as, the bosom of a shirt; a linen bosom.
- (n.) A depression round the eye of a millstone.
- (n.) Embrace; loving or affectionate inclosure; fold.