Bossed Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BossedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Embossed; also, bossy.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Boss
• BossDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A projecting ornament placed at the intersection of the ribs of ceilings, whether vaulted or flat, and in other situations.
- (n.) Any protuberant part; a round, swelling part or body; a knoblike process; as, a boss of wood.
- (n.) A head or reservoir of water.
- (v. t.) To ornament with bosses; to stud.
- (n.) A protuberant ornament on any work, either of different material from that of the work or of the same, as upon a buckler or bridle; a stud; a knob; the central projection of a shield. See Umbilicus.
- (n.) A wooden vessel for the mortar used in tiling or masonry, hung by a hook from the laths, or from the rounds of a ladder.
- (n.) A swage or die used for shaping metals.
- (n.) A master workman or superintendent; a director or manager; a political dictator.
- (n.) The enlarged part of a shaft, on which a wheel is keyed, or at the end, where it is coupled to another.