Bracketing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BracketingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A series or group of brackets; brackets, collectively.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Bracket
• BracketDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The cheek or side of an ordnance carriage.
- (n.) A gas fixture or lamp holder projecting from the face of a wall, column, or the like.
- (v. t.) To place within brackets; to connect by brackets; to furnish with brackets.
- (n.) A shot, crooked timber, resembling a knee, used as a support.
- (n.) A piece or combination of pieces, usually triangular in general shape, projecting from, or fastened to, a wall, or other surface, to support heavy bodies or to strengthen angles.
- (n.) One of two characters , used to inclose a reference, explanation, or note, or a part to be excluded from a sentence, to indicate an interpolation, to rectify a mistake, or to supply an omission, and for certain other purposes; -- called also crotchet.
- (n.) An architectural member, plain or ornamental, projecting from a wall or pier, to support weight falling outside of the same; also, a decorative feature seeming to discharge such an office.
- (v. t.) To shoot so as to establish a bracket for (an object).
- (n.) A figure determined by firing a projectile beyond a target and another short of it, as a basis for ascertaining the proper elevation of the piece; -- only used in the phrase, to establish a bracket. After the bracket is established shots are fired with intermediate elevations until the exact range is obtained. In the United States navy it is called fork.