Brasses Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BrassesDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of Brass
• BrassDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Lumps of pyrites or sulphuret of iron, the color of which is near to that of brass.
- (n.) A brass plate engraved with a figure or device. Specifically, one used as a memorial to the dead, and generally having the portrait, coat of arms, etc.
- (n.) A journal bearing, so called because frequently made of brass. A brass is often lined with a softer metal, when the latter is generally called a white metal lining. See Axle box, Journal Box, and Bearing.
- (n.) An alloy (usually yellow) of copper and zinc, in variable proportion, but often containing two parts of copper to one part of zinc. It sometimes contains tin, and rarely other metals.
- (n.) Impudence; a brazen face.
- (n.) Utensils, ornaments, or other articles of brass.
- (n.) Coin made of copper, brass, or bronze.
• BrasseDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A spotted European fish of the genus Lucioperca, resembling a perch.