Breath Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BreathDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The power of respiration, and hence, life.
- (n.) A very slight breeze; air in gentle motion.
- (n.) Gentle exercise, causing a quicker respiration.
- (n.) A single word; the slightest effort; a trifle.
- (n.) Time to breathe; respite; pause.
- (n.) The air inhaled and exhaled in respiration; air which, in the process of respiration, has parted with oxygen and has received carbonic acid, aqueous vapor, warmth, etc.
- (n.) Fig.: That which gives or strengthens life.
- (n.) Fragrance; exhalation; odor; perfume.
- (n.) A single respiration, or the time of making it; a single act; an instant.
- (n.) The act of breathing naturally or freely; the power or capacity to breathe freely; as, I am out of breath.
• BreatheDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To exhale; to emit, as breath; as, the flowers breathe odors or perfumes.
- (v. i.) To pass like breath; noiselessly or gently; to exhale; to emanate; to blow gently.
- (v. t.) To suffer to take breath, or recover the natural breathing; to rest; as, to breathe a horse.
- (v. t.) To put out of breath; to exhaust.
- (v. t.) To inhale and exhale in the process of respiration; to respire.
- (v. t.) To inject by breathing; to infuse; -- with into.
- (v. t.) To promote free respiration in; to exercise.
- (v. i.) To take breath; to rest from action.
- (v. t.) To utter without vocality, as the nonvocal consonants.
- (v. i.) To respire; to inhale and exhale air; hence;, to live.
- (v. t.) To act upon by the breath; to cause to sound by breathing.
- (v. t.) To express; to manifest; to give forth.
- (v. t.) To emit or utter by the breath; to utter softly; to whisper; as, to breathe a vow.