Brilliant Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BrilliantDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr.) Sparkling with luster; glittering; very bright; as, a brilliant star.
- (a.) The smallest size of type used in England printing.
- (a.) A kind of cotton goods, figured on the weaving.
- (p. pr.) Distinguished by qualities which excite admiration; splendid; shining; as, brilliant talents.
- (a.) A diamond or other gem of the finest cut, formed into faces and facets, so as to reflect and refract the light, by which it is rendered more brilliant. It has at the middle, or top, a principal face, called the table, which is surrounded by a number of sloping facets forming a bizet; below, it has a small face or collet, parallel to the table, connected with the girdle by a pavilion of elongated facets. It is thus distinguished from the rose diamond, which is entirely covered with facets on the surface, and is flat below.
• BrilliantineDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A dress fabric having a glossy finish on both sides, resembling alpaca but of superior quality.
- (n.) An oily composition used to make the hair glossy.