Broil Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BroilDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To be subjected to the action of heat, as meat over the fire; to be greatly heated, or to be made uncomfortable with heat.
- (v. t.) To subject to great (commonly direct) heat.
- (v. t.) To cook by direct exposure to heat over a fire, esp. upon a gridiron over coals.
- (n.) A tumult; a noisy quarrel; a disturbance; a brawl; contention; discord, either between individuals or in the state.
• BroiledDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Broil
• BroilingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The act of causing anything to broil.
- (a.) Excessively hot; as, a broiling sun.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Broil