Bruising Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BruisingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Bruise
• BruiseDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To fight with the fists; to box.
- (v. t.) To injure, as by a blow or collision, without laceration; to contuse; as, to bruise ones finger with a hammer; to bruise the bark of a tree with a stone; to bruise an apple by letting it fall.
- (v. t.) To break; as in a mortar; to bray, as minerals, roots, etc.; to crush.
- (n.) An injury to the flesh of animals, or to plants, fruit, etc., with a blunt or heavy instrument, or by collision with some other body; a contusion; as, a bruise on the head; bruises on fruit.