Bucket Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BucketDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A vessel for drawing up water from a well, or for catching, holding, or carrying water, sap, or other liquids.
- (n.) A vessel (as a tub or scoop) for hoisting and conveying coal, ore, grain, etc.
- (n.) The valved piston of a lifting pump.
- (n.) One of the receptacles on the rim of a water wheel into which the water rushes, causing the wheel to revolve; also, a float of a paddle wheel.
- (v. t.) To pour over from a bucket; to drench.
- (v. t.) To draw or lift in, or as if in, buckets; as, to bucket water.
- (v. t.) To ride (a horse) hard or mercilessly.
- (v. t.) To make, or cause to make (the recovery), with a certain hurried or unskillful forward swing of the body.
• Bucket shopDefinition & Meaning in English
- () An office or a place where facilities are given for betting small sums on current prices of stocks, petroleum, etc.