Budge Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BudgeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A kind of fur prepared from lambskin dressed with the wool on; -- used formerly as an edging and ornament, esp. of scholastic habits.
- (v.) Brisk; stirring; jocund.
- (a.) Lined with budge; hence, scholastic.
- (a.) Austere or stiff, like scholastics.
- (v. i.) To move off; to stir; to walk away.
• BudgetDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A bag or sack with its contents; hence, a stock or store; an accumulation; as, a budget of inventions.
- (n.) The annual financial statement which the British chancellor of the exchequer makes in the House of Commons. It comprehends a general view of the finances of the country, with the proposed plan of taxation for the ensuing year. The term is sometimes applied to a similar statement in other countries.