Burlesquing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BurlesquingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Burlesque
• BurlesqueDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To ridicule, or to make ludicrous by grotesque representation in action or in language.
- (n.) A ludicrous imitation; a caricature; a travesty; a gross perversion.
- (n.) An ironical or satirical composition intended to excite laughter, or to ridicule anything.
- (a.) Tending to excite laughter or contempt by extravagant images, or by a contrast between the subject and the manner of treating it, as when a trifling subject is treated with mock gravity; jocular; ironical.
- (n.) Ludicrous representation; exaggerated parody; grotesque satire.
- (v. i.) To employ burlesque.