Bury Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BuryDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A manor house; a castle.
- (n.) A borough; a manor; as, the Bury of St. Edmonds
- (v. t.) Specifically: To cover out of sight, as the body of a deceased person, in a grave, a tomb, or the ocean; to deposit (a corpse) in its resting place, with funeral ceremonies; to inter; to inhume.
- (v. t.) To hide in oblivion; to put away finally; to abandon; as, to bury strife.
- (v. t.) To cover out of sight, either by heaping something over, or by placing within something, as earth, etc.; to conceal by covering; to hide; as, to bury coals in ashes; to bury the face in the hands.
• Burying groundDefinition & Meaning in English
- () Alt. of Burying place