Bushed Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BushedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Bush
• BushDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To furnish with a bush, or lining; as, to bush a pivot hole.
- (n.) A shrub; esp., a shrub with branches rising from or near the root; a thick shrub or a cluster of shrubs.
- (n.) A shrub or branch, properly, a branch of ivy (as sacred to Bacchus), hung out at vintners doors, or as a tavern sign; hence, a tavern sign, and symbolically, the tavern itself.
- (n.) The tail, or brush, of a fox.
- (v. i.) To branch thickly in the manner of a bush.
- (n.) A lining for a hole to make it smaller; a thimble or ring of metal or wood inserted in a plate or other part of machinery to receive the wear of a pivot or arbor.
- (v. t.) To use a bush harrow on (land), for covering seeds sown; to harrow with a bush; as, to bush a piece of land; to bush seeds into the ground.
- (v. t.) To set bushes for; to support with bushes; as, to bush peas.
- (n.) A piece of copper, screwed into a gun, through which the venthole is bored.
- (n.) A shrub cut off, or a shrublike branch of a tree; as, bushes to support pea vines.
- (n.) A thicket, or place abounding in trees or shrubs; a wild forest.