Busy Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BusyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Engaged in some business; hard at work (either habitually or only for the time being); occupied with serious affairs; not idle nor at leisure; as, a busy merchant.
- (a.) Careful; anxious.
- (a.) Crowded with business or activities; -- said of places and times; as, a busy street.
- (a.) Constantly at work; diligent; active.
- (a.) Officious; meddling; foolish active.
- (v. t.) To make or keep busy; to employ; to engage or keep engaged; to occupy; as, to busy ones self with books.
• BusyingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Busy