Butted Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ButtedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Butt
- (imp. & p. p.) of But
• ButtDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To join at the butt, end, or outward extremity; to terminate; to be bounded; to abut.
- (n.) The common English flounder.
- (v. t.) Alt. of But
- (v. i.) To thrust the head forward; to strike by thrusting the head forward, as an ox or a ram. [See Butt, n.]
- (n.) A large cask or vessel for wine or beer. It contains two hogsheads.
- (v. t.) To strike by thrusting the head against; to strike with the head.
• ButteDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A detached low mountain, or high rising abruptly from the general level of the surrounding plain; -- applied to peculiar elevations in the Rocky Mountain region.