Buttoned Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ButtonedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Button
• ButtonDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A catch, of various forms and materials, used to fasten together the different parts of dress, by being attached to one part, and passing through a slit, called a buttonhole, in the other; -- used also for ornament.
- (n.) To dress or clothe.
- (n.) A bud; a germ of a plant.
- (v. i.) To be fastened by a button or buttons; as, the coat will not button.
- (n.) A knob; a small ball; a small, roundish mass.
- (n.) A globule of metal remaining on an assay cupel or in a crucible, after fusion.
- (n.) A piece of wood or metal, usually flat and elongated, turning on a nail or screw, to fasten something, as a door.
- (n.) To fasten with a button or buttons; to inclose or make secure with buttons; -- often followed by up.
- () Alt. of evil