Canker Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CankerDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) An obstinate and often incurable disease of a horses foot, characterized by separation of the horny portion and the development of fungoid growths; -- usually resulting from neglected thrush.
- (v. i.) To be or become diseased, or as if diseased, with canker; to grow corrupt; to become venomous.
- (n.) A kind of wild, worthless rose; the dog-rose.
- (n.) A corroding or sloughing ulcer; esp. a spreading gangrenous ulcer or collection of ulcers in or about the mouth; -- called also water canker, canker of the mouth, and noma.
- (v. t.) To affect as a canker; to eat away; to corrode; to consume.
- (v. t.) To infect or pollute; to corrupt.
- (n.) A disease incident to trees, causing the bark to rot and fall off.
- (n.) Anything which corrodes, corrupts, or destroy.
- (v. i.) To waste away, grow rusty, or be oxidized, as a mineral.
• Canker-bitDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Eaten out by canker, or as by canker.
• Canker blossomDefinition & Meaning in English
- () That which blasts a blossom as a canker does.