Cate Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CateDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Food. [Obs.] See Cates.
• CatecheticalDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Relating to or consisting in, asking questions and receiving answers, according to the ancient manner of teaching.
• CatechiseDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To instruct by asking questions, receiving answers, and offering explanations and corrections, -- esp. in regard to points of religious faith.
- (v. t.) To question or interrogate; to examine or try by questions; -- sometimes with a view to reproof, by eliciting from a person answers which condemn his own conduct.