Catholic Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CatholicDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) An adherent of the Roman Catholic church; a Roman Catholic.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to, or affecting the Roman Catholics; as, the Catholic emancipation act.
- (a.) Not narrow-minded, partial, or bigoted; liberal; as, catholic tastes.
- (a.) Universal or general; as, the catholic faith.
- (n.) A person who accepts the creeds which are received in common by all parts of the orthodox Christian church.
• CatholicityDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The state or quality of being catholic; universality.
- (n.) Liberality of sentiments; catholicism.
- (n.) Adherence to the doctrines of the church of Rome, or the doctrines themselves.
- (n.) Adherence or conformity to the system of doctrine held by all parts of the orthodox Christian church; the doctrine so held; orthodoxy.