Centering Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CenteringDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Centre
- (n.) Same as Center, n., 6.
• CenterDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A principal or important point of concentration; the nucleus around which things are gathered or to which they tend; an object of attention, action, or force; as, a center of attaction.
- (n.) A conical recess, or indentation, in the end of a shaft or other work, to receive the point of a center, on which the work can turn, as in a lathe.
- (n.) The middle or central portion of anything.
- (v. i.) Alt. of Centre
- (v. t.) Alt. of Centre
- (n.) Those members of a legislative assembly (as in France) who support the existing government. They sit in the middle of the legislative chamber, opposite the presiding officer, between the conservatives or monarchists, who sit on the right of the speaker, and the radicals or advanced republicans who occupy the seats on his left, See Right, and Left.
- (n.) The earth.
- (n.) A point equally distant from the extremities of a line, figure, or body, or from all parts of the circumference of a circle; the middle point or place.
- (n.) One of the two conical steel pins, in a lathe, etc., upon which the work is held, and about which it revolves.
- (n.) A temporary structure upon which the materials of a vault or arch are supported in position until the work becomes self-supporting.
- () Alt. of seal
- () Alt. of punch