Chaff Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ChaffDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The scales or bracts on the receptacle, which subtend each flower in the heads of many Compositae, as the sunflower.
- (v. t.) To make fun of; to turn into ridicule by addressing in ironical or bantering language; to quiz.
- (n.) Light jesting talk; banter; raillery.
- (n.) Straw or hay cut up fine for the food of cattle.
- (n.) Anything of a comparatively light and worthless character; the refuse part of anything.
- (n.) The glumes or husks of grains and grasses separated from the seed by threshing and winnowing, etc.
- (v. i.) To use light, idle language by way of fun or ridicule; to banter.
• ChafferingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Chaffer