Childing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ChildingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Child
- (v. i.) Bearing Children; (Fig.) productive; fruitful.
• ChildDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A young person of either sex. esp. one between infancy and youth; hence, one who exhibits the characteristics of a very young person, as innocence, obedience, trustfulness, limited understanding, etc.
- (v. i.) To give birth; to produce young.
- (n.) A noble youth. See Childe.
- (n.) A descendant, however remote; -- used esp. in the plural; as, the children of Israel; the children of Edom.
- (n.) A female infant.
- (n.) One who, by character of practice, shows signs of relationship to, or of the influence of, another; one closely connected with a place, occupation, character, etc.; as, a child of God; a child of the devil; a child of disobedience; a child of toil; a child of the people.
- (n.) A son or a daughter; a male or female descendant, in the first degree; the immediate progeny of human parents; -- in law, legitimate offspring. Used also of animals and plants.
• ChildeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A cognomen formerly prefixed to his name by the oldest son, until he succeeded to his ancestral titles, or was knighted; as, Childe Roland.