Chip Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ChipDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To break or crack, or crack off a portion of, as of an eggshell in hatching, or a piece of crockery.
- (v. t.) To cut small pieces from; to diminish or reduce to shape, by cutting away a little at a time; to hew.
- (n.) Anything dried up, withered, or without flavor; -- used contemptuously.
- (n.) A piece of wood, stone, or other substance, separated by an ax, chisel, or cutting instrument.
- (n.) A fragment or piece broken off; a small piece.
- (n.) Wood or Cuban palm leaf split into slips, or straw plaited in a special manner, for making hats or bonnets.
- (n.) The triangular piece of wood attached to the log line.
- (v. t.) To bet, as with chips in the game of poker.
- (n.) One of the counters used in poker and other games.
- (v. i.) To break or fly off in small pieces.
• ChipmunkDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A squirrel-like animal of the genus Tamias, sometimes called the striped squirrel, chipping squirrel, ground squirrel, hackee. The common species of the United States is the Tamias striatus.