Chit Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ChitDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The embryo or the growing bud of a plant; a shoot; a sprout; as, the chits of Indian corn or of potatoes.
- (n.) A child or babe; as, a forward chit; also, a young, small, or insignificant person or animal.
- (n.) A small tool used in cleaving laths.
- (n.) An excrescence on the body, as a wart.
- (3d sing.) Chideth.
- (v. i.) To shoot out; to sprout.
- (n.) Alt. of Chitty
• ChitinousDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Having the nature of chitin; consisting of, or containing, chitin.