Chops Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ChopsDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n. pl.) The jaws; also, the fleshy parts about the mouth.
- (n. pl.) The sides or capes at the mouth of a river, channel, harbor, or bay; as, the chops of the English Channel.
• ChopDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Quality; brand; as, silk of the first chop.
- (v. i.) To interrupt; -- with in or out.
- (v. i.) To barter or truck.
- (n.) The land at each side of the mouth of a river, harbor, or channel; as, East Chop or West Chop. See Chops.
- (n.) A piece chopped off; a slice or small piece, especially of meat; as, a mutton chop.
- (v. i.) To make a quick strike, or repeated strokes, with an ax or other sharp instrument.
- (n.) A jaw of an animal; -- commonly in the pl. See Chops.
- (n.) A movable jaw or cheek, as of a wooden vise.
- (v. i.) To exchange; substitute one thing for another.
- (v. t. & i.) To crack. See Chap, v. t. & i.
- (n.) A permit or clearance.
- (v. t.) To seize or devour greedily; -- with up.
- (v. i.) To do something suddenly with an unexpected motion; to catch or attempt to seize.
- (n.) The act of chopping; a stroke.
- (n.) A crack or cleft. See Chap.
- (v. t.) To cut by striking repeatedly with a sharp instrument; to cut into pieces; to mince; -- often with up.
- (v. i.) To purchase by way of truck.
- (v. i.) To wrangle; to altercate; to bandy words.
- (n.) A change; a vicissitude.
- (v. i.) To vary or shift suddenly; as, the wind chops about.
- (v. t.) To sever or separate by one more blows of a sharp instrument; to divide; -- usually with off or down.
• ChopstickDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One of two small sticks of wood, ivory, etc., used by the Chinese and Japanese to convey food to the mouth.