Clinched Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ClinchedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Clinch
• ClinchDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To set closely together; to close tightly; as, to clinch the teeth or the first.
- (v. i.) To hold fast; to grasp something firmly; to seize or grasp one another.
- (v. t.) To make conclusive; to confirm; to establish; as, to clinch an argument.
- (n.) The act or process of holding fast; that which serves to hold fast; a grip; a grasp; a clamp; a holdfast; as, to get a good clinch of an antagonist, or of a weapon; to secure anything by a clinch.
- (v. t.) To hold firmly; to hold fast by grasping or embracing tightly.
- (n.) A pun.
- (n.) A hitch or bend by which a rope is made fast to the ring of an anchor, or the breeching of a ships gun to the ringbolts.
- (v. t.) To bend or turn over the point of (something that has been driven through an object), so that it will hold fast; as, to clinch a nail.