Clog Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ClogDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To coalesce or adhere; to unite in a mass.
- (v. t.) To burden; to trammel; to embarrass; to perplex.
- (v. t.) To obstruct so as to hinder motion in or through; to choke up; as, to clog a tube or a channel.
- (v.) A shoe, or sandal, intended to protect the feet from wet, or to increase the apparent stature, and having, therefore, a very thick sole. Cf. Chopine.
- (v. i.) To become clogged; to become loaded or encumbered, as with extraneous matter.
- (v.) A weight, as a log or block of wood, attached to a man or an animal to hinder motion.
- (v. t.) To encumber or load, especially with something that impedes motion; to hamper.
- (v.) That which hinders or impedes motion; hence, an encumbrance, restraint, or impediment, of any kind.
• CloggedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Clog