Clutching Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ClutchingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Clutch
• ClutchDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Any device for gripping an object, as at the end of a chain or tackle.
- (n.) The hands, claws, or talons, in the act of grasping firmly; -- often figuratively, for power, rapacity, or cruelty; as, to fall into the clutches of an adversary.
- (n.) To close tightly; to clinch.
- (n.) To seize, clasp, or gripe with the hand, hands, or claws; -- often figuratively; as, to clutch power.
- (n.) A gripe or clinching with, or as with, the fingers or claws; seizure; grasp.
- (v. i.) To reach (at something) as if to grasp; to catch or snatch; -- often followed by at.
- (n.) The nest complement of eggs of a bird.
- (n.) A device which is used for coupling shafting, etc., so as to transmit motion, and which may be disengaged at pleasure.