Cocoon Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CocoonDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) An oblong case in which the silkworm lies in its chrysalis state. It is formed of threads of silk spun by the worm just before leaving the larval state. From these the silk of commerce is prepared.
- (n.) The egg cases of mucus, etc., made by leeches and other worms.
- (n.) The case constructed by any insect to contain its larva or pupa.
- (n.) The case of silk made by spiders to protect their eggs.
• CocooneryDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A building or apartment for silkworms, when feeding and forming cocoons.