Code Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CodeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A body of law, sanctioned by legislation, in which the rules of law to be specifically applied by the courts are set forth in systematic form; a compilation of laws by public authority; a digest.
- (n.) Any system of rules or regulations relating to one subject; as, the medical code, a system of rules for the regulation of the professional conduct of physicians; the naval code, a system of rules for making communications at sea means of signals.
• CodexDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) An ancient manuscript of the Sacred Scriptures, or any part of them, particularly the New Testament.
- (n.) A collection of canons.
- (n.) A collection or digest of laws; a code.
- (n.) A book; a manuscript.