Coffer Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CofferDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The chamber of a canal lock; also, a caisson or a cofferdam.
- (n.) A casket, chest, or trunk; especially, one used for keeping money or other valuables.
- (v. t.) To put into a coffer.
- (n.) A trench dug in the bottom of a dry moat, and extending across it, to enable the besieged to defend it by a raking fire.
- (n.) A panel deeply recessed in the ceiling of a vault, dome, or portico; a caisson.
- (n.) Fig.: Treasure or funds; -- usually in the plural.
- (v. t.) To secure from leaking, as a shaft, by ramming clay behind the masonry or timbering.
- (v. t.) To form with or in a coffer or coffers; to furnish with a coffer or coffers.
• CofferworkDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Rubblework faced with stone.