Collateral Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CollateralDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Coming from, being on, or directed toward, the side; as, collateral pressure.
- (a.) Related to, but not strictly a part of, the main thing or matter under consideration; hence, subordinate; not chief or principal; as, collateral interest; collateral issues.
- (a.) Descending from the same stock or ancestor, but not in the same line or branch or one from the other; -- opposed to lineal.
- (n.) Collateral security; that which is pledged or deposited as collateral security.
- (n.) A collateral relative.
- (a.) Acting in an indirect way.
- (a.) Tending toward the same conclusion or result as something else; additional; as, collateral evidence.
• CollateralnessDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The state of being collateral.
• CollaterallyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) In collateral relation; not lineally.
- (adv.) Side by side; by the side.
- (adv.) In an indirect or subordinate manner; indirectly.