Comb Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CombDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One of a pair of peculiar organs on the base of the abdomen of scorpions.
- (n.) An instrument with teeth, for straightening, cleansing, and adjusting the hair, or for keeping it in place.
- (n.) The serrated vibratory doffing knife of a carding machine.
- (n.) The curling crest of a wave.
- (n.) To roll over, as the top or crest of a wave; to break with a white foam, as waves.
- (n.) The thumbpiece of the hammer of a gunlock, by which it may be cocked.
- (n.) The notched scale of a wire micrometer.
- (n.) A dry measure. See Coomb.
- (n.) The waxen framework forming the walls of the cells in which bees store their honey, eggs, etc.; honeycomb.
- (n.) The naked fleshy crest or caruncle on the upper part of the bill or hood of a cock or other bird. It is usually red.
- (n.) An instrument for currying hairy animals, or cleansing and smoothing their coats; a currycomb.
- (n.) Alt. of Combe
- (n.) The collector of an electrical machine, usually resembling a comb.
- (n.) A former, commonly cone-shaped, used in hat manufacturing for hardening the soft fiber into a bat.
- (n.) A tool with teeth, used for chasing screws on work in a lathe; a chaser.
- (n.) A toothed instrument used for separating and cleansing wool, flax, hair, etc.
- (v. t.) To disentangle, cleanse, or adjust, with a comb; to lay smooth and straight with, or as with, a comb; as, to comb hair or wool. See under Combing.
• CombattantDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) In the position of fighting; -- said of two lions set face to face, each rampant.