Commissary Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CommissaryDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) An officer of the bishop, who exercises ecclesiastical jurisdiction in parts of the diocese at a distance from the residence of the bishop.
- (n.) An officer having charge of a special service; as, the commissary of musters.
- (n.) One to whom is committed some charge, duty, or office, by a superior power; a commissioner.
- (n.) An officer whose business is to provide food for a body of troops or a military post; -- officially called commissary of subsistence.
• CommissaryshipDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The office or employment of a commissary.