Commodore Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CommodoreDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A title given by courtesy to the senior captain of a line of merchant vessels, and also to the chief officer of a yachting or rowing club.
- (n.) A captain commanding a squadron, or a division of a fleet, or having the temporary rank of rear admiral.
- (n.) An officer who ranks next above a captain; sometimes, by courtesy, the senior captain of a squadron. The rank of commodore corresponds with that of brigadier general in the army.
- (n.) A familiar for the flagship, or for the principal vessel of a squadron or fleet.