Commuted Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CommutedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Commute
• CommuteDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To obtain or bargain for exemption or substitution; to effect a commutation.
- (v. t.) To exchange; to put or substitute something else in place of, as a smaller penalty, obligation, or payment, for a greater, or a single thing for an aggregate; hence, to lessen; to diminish; as, to commute a sentence of death to one of imprisonment for life; to commute tithes; to commute charges for fares.
- (v. i.) To pay, or arrange to pay, in gross instead of part by part; as, to commute for a years travel over a route.