Comparing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ComparingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Compare
• CompareDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To inflect according to the degrees of comparison; to state positive, comparative, and superlative forms of; as, most adjectives of one syllable are compared by affixing "- er" and "-est" to the positive form; as, black, blacker, blackest; those of more than one syllable are usually compared by prefixing "more" and "most", or "less" and "least", to the positive; as, beautiful, more beautiful, most beautiful.
- (v. t.) To examine the character or qualities of, as of two or more persons or things, for the purpose of discovering their resemblances or differences; to bring into comparison; to regard with discriminating attention.
- (v. t.) To represent as similar, for the purpose of illustration; to liken.
- (n.) Comparison.
- (v. i.) To be like or equal; to admit, or be worthy of, comparison; as, his later work does not compare with his earlier.
- (n.) Illustration by comparison; simile.
- (v. t.) To get; to procure; to obtain; to acquire
- (v. i.) To vie; to assume a likeness or equality.