Comparison Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ComparisonDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To compare.
- (n.) A figure by which one person or thing is compared to another, or the two are considered with regard to some property or quality, which is common to them both; e.g., the lake sparkled like a jewel.
- (n.) The act of comparing; an examination of two or more objects with the view of discovering the resemblances or differences; relative estimate.
- (n.) The modification, by inflection or otherwise, which the adjective and adverb undergo to denote degrees of quality or quantity; as, little, less, least, are examples of comparison.
- (n.) The state of being compared; a relative estimate; also, a state, quality, or relation, admitting of being compared; as, to bring a thing into comparison with another; there is no comparison between them.
- (n.) The faculty of the reflective group which is supposed to perceive resemblances and contrasts.
- (n.) That to which, or with which, a thing is compared, as being equal or like; illustration; similitude.