Compensating Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CompensatingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Compensate
• CompensateDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To be equivalent in value or effect to; to counterbalance; to make up for; to make amends for.
- (v. i.) To make amends; to supply an equivalent; -- followed by for; as, nothing can compensate for the loss of reputation.
- (v. t.) To make equal return to; to remunerate; to recompense; to give an equivalent to; to requite suitably; as, to compensate a laborer for his work, or a merchant for his losses.