Condemn Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CondemnDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To pronounce to be wrong; to disapprove of; to censure.
- (v. t.) To adjudge or pronounce to be unfit for use or service; to adjudge or pronounce to be forfeited; as, the ship and her cargo were condemned.
- (v. t.) To amerce or fine; -- with in before the penalty.
- (v. t.) To declare the guilt of; to make manifest the faults or unworthiness of; to convict of guilt.
- (v. t.) To doom to be taken for public use, under the right of eminent domain.
- (v. t.) To pronounce a judicial sentence against; to sentence to punishment, suffering, or loss; to doom; -- with to before the penalty.
• CondemnatoryDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Condemning; containing or imposing condemnation or censure; as, a condemnatory sentence or decree.