Consecrating Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ConsecratingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Consecrate
• ConsecrateDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To make, or declare to be, sacred; to appropriate to sacred uses; to set apart, dedicate, or devote, to the service or worship of God; as, to consecrate a church; to give (ones self) unreservedly, as to the service of God.
- (v. t.) To canonize; to exalt to the rank of a saint; to enroll among the gods, as a Roman emperor.
- (v. t.) To render venerable or revered; to hallow; to dignify; as, rules or principles consecrated by time.
- (a.) Consecrated; devoted; dedicated; sacred.
- (v. t.) To set apart to a sacred office; as, to consecrate a bishop.