Consistories Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ConsistoriesDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of Consistory
• ConsistoryDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The spiritual court of a diocesan bishop held before his chancellor or commissioner in his cathedral church or elsewhere.
- (n.) A civil court of justice.
- (n.) Primarily, a place of standing or staying together; hence, any solemn assembly or council.
- (n.) An assembly of prelates; a session of the college of cardinals at Rome.
- (a.) Of the nature of, or pertaining to, a consistory.
- (n.) A church tribunal or governing body.