Contraries Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ContrariesDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of Contrary
- (n.) Propositions which directly and destructively contradict each other, but of which the falsehood of one does not establish the truth of the other.
• ContraryDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) See Contraries.
- (a.) Opposed; contradictory; repugnant; inconsistent.
- (n.) the opposite; a proposition, fact, or condition incompatible with another; as, slender proofs which rather show the contrary. See Converse, n., 1.
- (a.) Opposite; in an opposite direction; in opposition; adverse; as, contrary winds.
- (a.) Affirming the opposite; so opposed as to destroy each other; as, contrary propositions.
- (a.) Given to opposition; perverse; forward; wayward; as, a contrary disposition; a contrary child.
- (n.) A thing that is of contrary or opposite qualities.
- (n.) An opponent; an enemy.