Coped Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CopedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Cope
- (a.) Clad in a cope.
• CopDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A tube or quill upon which silk is wound.
- (n.) Same as Merlon.
- (n.) A conical or conical-ended mass of coiled thread, yarn, or roving, wound upon a spindle, etc.
- (n.) The top of a thing; the head; a crest.
- (n.) A policeman.
• CopeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The top part of a flask or mold; the outer part of a loam mold.
- (v. t.) To pare the beak or talons of (a hawk).
- (v. i.) To encounter; to meet; to have to do with.
- (v. i.) To form a cope or arch; to bend or arch; to bow.
- (v. i.) To enter into or maintain a hostile contest; to struggle; to combat; especially, to strive or contend on equal terms or with success; to match; to equal; -- usually followed by with.
- (n.) Anything regarded as extended over the head, as the arch or concave of the sky, the roof of a house, the arch over a door.
- (v. t.) To make return for; to requite; to repay.
- (n.) An ecclesiastical vestment or cloak, semicircular in form, reaching from the shoulders nearly to the feet, and open in front except at the top, where it is united by a band or clasp. It is worn in processions and on some other occasions.
- (v. t.) To bargain for; to buy.
- (v. t.) To match ones self against; to meet; to encounter.
- (n.) An ancient tribute due to the lord of the soil, out of the lead mines in Derbyshire, England.
- (n.) A covering for the head.
- (v. i.) To exchange or barter.