Couching Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CouchingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The operation of putting down or displacing the opaque lens in cataract.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Couch
- (n.) Embroidering by laying the materials upon the surface of the foundation, instead of drawing them through.
• CouchDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To lay or deposit in a bed or layer; to bed.
- (v. t.) To arrange or dispose as in a bed; -- sometimes followed by the reflexive pronoun.
- (v. i.) To bend the body, as in reverence, pain, labor, etc.; to stoop; to crouch.
- (v. t.) To transfer (as sheets of partly dried pulp) from the wire cloth mold to a felt blanket, for further drying.
- (v. t.) To conceal; to include or involve darkly.
- (v. t.) Any place for repose, as the lair of a beast, etc.
- (v. t.) To put into some form of language; to express; to phrase; -- used with in and under.
- (v. t.) A bed or place for repose or sleep; particularly, in the United States, a lounge.
- (v. t.) A preliminary layer, as of color, size, etc.
- (v. i.) To lie down for concealment; to hide; to be concealed; to be included or involved darkly.
- (v. t.) To arrange; to place; to inlay.
- (v. i.) To lie down or recline, as on a bed or other place of rest; to repose; to lie.
- (v. t.) A mass of steeped barley spread upon a floor to germinate, in malting; or the floor occupied by the barley; as, couch of malt.
- (v. t.) To lay upon a bed or other resting place.
- (v. t.) To treat by pushing down or displacing the opaque lens with a needle; as, to couch a cataract.
• CoucheDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) Lying on its side; thus, a chevron couche is one which emerges from one side of the escutcheon and has its apex on the opposite side, or at the fess point.
- (v. t.) Not erect; inclined; -- said of anything that is usually erect, as an escutcheon.