Counterfeit Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CounterfeitDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who pretends to be what he is not; one who personates another; an impostor; a cheat.
- (adv.) Assuming the appearance of something; false; spurious; deceitful; hypocritical; as, a counterfeit philanthropist.
- (n.) That which resembles or is like another thing; a likeness; a portrait; a counterpart.
- (n.) That which is made in imitation of something, with a view to deceive by passing the false for the true; as, the bank note was a counterfeit.
- (v. t.) To imitate with a view to deceiving, by passing the copy for that which is original or genuine; to forge; as, to counterfeit the signature of another, coins, notes, etc.
- (v. t.) To imitate, or put on a semblance of; to mimic; as, to counterfeit the voice of another person.
- (v. i.) To make counterfeits.
- (adv.) Representing by imitation or likeness; having a resemblance to something else; portrayed.
- (v. i.) To carry on a deception; to dissemble; to feign; to pretend.
- (adv.) Fabricated in imitation of something else, with a view to defraud by passing the false copy for genuine or original; as, counterfeit antiques; counterfeit coin.
• CounterfeiterDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who assumes a false appearance or semblance; one who makes false pretenses.
- (n.) One who counterfeits; one who copies or imitates; especially, one who copies or forges bank notes or coin; a forger.
• CounterfeitingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Counterfeit