Cowl Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CowlDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A cowl-shaped cap, commonly turning with the wind, used to improve the draft of a chimney, ventilating shaft, etc.
- (n.) A wire cap for the smokestack of a locomotive.
- (n.) A vessel carried on a pole between two persons, for conveyance of water.
- (n.) A monks hood; -- usually attached to the gown. The name was also applied to the hood and garment together.
• CowledDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Wearing a cowl; hooded; as, a cowled monk.