Crab Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CrabDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) A cudgel made of the wood of the crab tree; a crabstick.
- (a.) A movable winch or windlass with powerful gearing, used with derricks, etc.
- (v. i.) To drift sidewise or to leeward, as a vessel.
- (a.) A claw for anchoring a portable machine.
- (a.) A form of windlass, or geared capstan, for hauling ships into dock, etc.
- (n.) One of the brachyuran Crustacea. They are mostly marine, and usually have a broad, short body, covered with a strong shell or carapace. The abdomen is small and curled up beneath the body.
- (a.) Sour; rough; austere.
- (v. t.) To beat with a crabstick.
- (a.) A crab apple; -- so named from its harsh taste.
- (n.) The zodiacal constellation Cancer.
- (a.) A machine used in ropewalks to stretch the yarn.
- (v. t.) To make sour or morose; to embitter.
• CrabberDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who catches crabs.
• Crab-yawsDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A disease in the West Indies. It is a kind of ulcer on the soles of the feet, with very hard edges. See Yaws.