Cracking Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CrackingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Crack
• CrackDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Rupture; flaw; breach, in a moral sense.
- (n.) Breach of chastity.
- (v. i.) To utter vain, pompous words; to brag; to boast; -- with of.
- (v. t.) To cry up; to extol; -- followed by up.
- (n.) Free conversation; friendly chat.
- (n.) Mental flaw; a touch of craziness; partial insanity; as, he has a crack.
- (n.) A boast; boasting.
- (v. i.) To burst or open in chinks; to break, with or without quite separating into parts.
- (v. t.) To break or burst, with or without entire separation of the parts; as, to crack glass; to crack nuts.
- (a.) Of superior excellence; having qualities to be boasted of.
- (v. i.) To be ruined or impaired; to fail.
- (v. t.) To rend with grief or pain; to affect deeply with sorrow; hence, to disorder; to distract; to craze.
- (n.) A brief time; an instant; as, to be with one in a crack.
- (n.) A boy, generally a pert, lively boy.
- (n.) The tone of voice when changed at puberty.
- (v. t.) To cause to sound suddenly and sharply; to snap; as, to crack a whip.
- (n.) A partial separation of parts, with or without a perceptible opening; a chink or fissure; a narrow breach; a crevice; as, a crack in timber, or in a wall, or in glass.
- (n.) A crazy or crack-brained person.
- (v. i.) To utter a loud or sharp, sudden sound.
- (n.) A sharp, sudden sound or report; the sound of anything suddenly burst or broken; as, the crack of a falling house; the crack of thunder; the crack of a whip.
- (v. t.) To utter smartly and sententiously; as, to crack a joke.