Crimped Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CrimpedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Crimp
• CrimpDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Easily crumbled; friable; brittle.
- (a.) Weak; inconsistent; contradictory.
- (n.) Hair which has been crimped; -- usually in pl.
- (v. t.) To pinch and hold; to seize.
- (n.) A keeper of a low lodging house where sailors and emigrants are entrapped and fleeced.
- (n.) One who decoys or entraps men into the military or naval service.
- (v. t.) To fold or plait in regular undulation in such a way that the material will retain the shape intended; to give a wavy appearance to; as, to crimp the border of a cap; to crimp a ruffle. Cf. Crisp.
- (v. t.) to entrap into the military or naval service; as, to crimp seamen.
- (n.) A coal broker.
- (v. t.) To cause to contract, or to render more crisp, as the flesh of a fish, by gashing it, when living, with a knife; as, to crimp skate, etc.
- (n.) A game at cards.
- (v. t.) In cartridge making, to fold the edge of (a cartridge case) inward so as to close the mouth partly and confine the charge.